Saranac Lake Office
Redfield Medical Office Building
2249 State Route 86, Suite 3
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Tupper Lake Office
7 Stetson Road
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Hours: Vary depending on physician's schedule
Travel Immunizations and Medications
Are you taking a trip outside of the continental United States? Would you like to know if travel immunizations or medications are recommended? You have several options…
IMT Travel Medicine and Vaccine Clinic:
You can call IMT and they can tell you free of charge what is recommended and what is required, if anything.
- If you are required to get immunizations they will set up an appointment with them to discuss the vaccines/ medications, side effects, and other recommendations. They will provide the scripts and do all of the vaccines in their office (you would not have to take any of the scripts anywhere else to be done).
- An office visit is $25 plus depending on the prescriptions there may be an additional cost per prescription.
- Call 562-2009 for specific costs if you know what vaccines you need.
Regional Travel Clinic:
You can schedule a visit to the regional Travel Clinic. It is located in St. Lawrence County, but is open to residents of any county.
- Visits to the clinic are free, although there are fees for immunizations.
- The clinic will need our office to fax them orders for any immunizations they plan to administer.
- If the clinic requests that medication be prescribed in addition to your shots (such as an anti-malarial med), this will require a visit with your doctor here.
- Call 315-386-2325 to learn about your travel requirements, and/or to schedule a visit with the clinic.
Mountain Medical ("Urgent Care"):
Mountain Medical also provides travel services.
- You do not need to call the St. Lawrence Travel Clinic before contacting Mountain Medical, and they will not need orders from our office to perform immunizations.
- Visits to Mountain Medical are not free of charge.
- Mountain Medical has locations in Saranac Lake and Lake Placid. Call 518-897-1000 for the Saranac Lake office, or 518-523-7575 for the Lake Placid office.
Adirondack Internal Medicine & Pediatrics, PC:
If you would prefer to be seen at our office for a travel appointment, we may be able to help you.
- You must first research what vaccines and medications are recommended by the Center for Disease Control Website.
- We do not carry all vaccines in our office so we will administer what we have available. If you need vaccines that we do not carry we will write scripts for them at the visit and you can have these done at the St. Lawrence County Travel Clinic.
- An office visit for travel immunizations is $96